The Cristobal Gabarron Museum, unveiled on June 8, 2005 by Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Asturias, now King and Queen of Spain, is a space for the knowledge and dissemination of the work of Cristobal Gabarron (Mula, April 25, 1945), as well as of the current contemporary creation.
The permanent exhibition, organized in 8 exhibition galleries, allows a journey through the artistic life of Gabarron, analyzing the different facets of his pictorial and sculptural creation. All this content makes the museum to become a reference center in the world, on the work of the most international artist of the region, as well as one of the leading Spanish artists of his generation.
The museum has two galleries dedicated to temporary exhibitions, Gallery 1 & 2 and another Gallerty, La Bodega, as a more experimental area. These Galleries are designed especially to promote the work of emerging artists, both local, national and international, serving as a platform for contemporary creation as well as a sounding board for the art and culture of Murcia outside of its borders. To which the recent creation of its Library is added.
The exhibition work of the museum is completed by its educational programs and contemporary workshops for children, youth and adults.
The Cristóbal Gabarrón Museum of Mula is managed by the Casa Pintada Foundation, established thanks to a collaboration agreement between the City Council of Mula and the Gabarron Foundation.
The Casa Pintada Foundation is a private, non-profit organization, created on June 30, 2004 and registered in the Registry of Foundations of the Region of Murcia with the number CUL-18, classified and declared of public utility on February 10, 2005.